Monday, December 3, 2007

Kid Rock continued

After he opened the door, I introduced myself and asked him about the song that was playing. I had heard the word " Jesus" come out earlier. He lied and said it was " Kid Jesus..." Later, I looked it up on the internet and it was a Kid rock song. Anyway, he seemed willing to talk even though heavily intoxicated and he really wanted me to see the moon for some reason. I asked him if he thought he would go to heaven or hell if he died. He said: " I would probably go to hell because I smoke, drink and listen to bad music." We sort of stumbled through a few more minutes of conversation and I tried to explain how our works can't save us and used an illustration about trying to jump over the Grand canyon... but I don' t think he really ever understood that. After about 10 minutes, I said good bye and told him I would pray for him, but I really wanted to pray with him at the moment but didn't feel the time was right. I walked away from the car about another 1/2 mile and then I noticed that they were following me. He pulled up and asked me if I had made it home yet and I said "no." He really wanted to know where I lived and I didn't tell him. I did tell him that I really wanted to pray with him and he agreed. I prayed that God would fulfill his deepest desires and show Him Christ. He seemed very pleasant after the prayer, thanked me and drove off.
I guess as I think about that encounter, I would like to say to whoever... Are you listening for God's voice ? If He asked you to do something that seemed irrational, would you do it ?
I was reminded of how lost and how " Biblically unaware" so many people are in our world. We are His ambassadors.