Saturday, November 24, 2007

Kid Rock and a pedestrian

Friday night ( the day after thanksgiving) : I decided to go for a walk in our neighborhood so I could pray and walk off the food I just ate. I walked for about a mile and noticed a white car with 2 men sitting in it ... they were listening to music so loud the windows had to have been vibrating. I didn't think much of it and kept walking. I had to walk past the car again and felt like God was telling me to approach the care and talk to the people inside. I noticed earlier that they were drinking and they were not listening to Sandy Patti. My first instinct was to dismiss this idea ( of talking to them) and keep walking. I walked past the car and kind of said to God: "surely You don't want me to talk to them... I only do relational evangelism." You know, I have to build relationships first. I walked about 30 yards past the car and the urge was overwhelming to go back and talk to them. I decided to go back and I approached the car. The sounds coming out of the car were really offensive... some of the hardest music I had ever heard. I sort of waved at the driver and he opened the door.

More on this later... I have to go to bed.