Monday, December 17, 2007

bring out your dead ( bring back the dead)

I always enjoy it when something clicks. I have known things about the Old Testament for years but sometimes ideas just come together and you see things in a new way. When Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac, he went forward with that idea even though he wasn't sure how that would help make him a father of many nations. The thing I hadn't fully come to terms with was the idea that Abraham was willing to do this because he was fully convinced that God could bring people back from the dead. I always stopped short of recognizing that fact. Maybe in my mind I thought : " Well Abraham knew God was going to stop him so it didn't matter anyway... "
It did matter and I think Abraham would have killed Isaac... but he also had the confidence that God could bring him back to life.

Do you have faith like that ? Can you say, even if this looks like the death of my dreams... God is able to resurrect what is dead ?