Wednesday, April 18, 2007

your future

What is God's will for my life ? This question is asked often by people as they sort through their lives and think about the future. I was struck by something in Isaiah that I wanted you to see.
Isaiah 14:26 " This is the plan devised against the whole earth; and this is the hand stretched out against all the nations. 27 For the Lord of hosts has planned, and who can frustrate it ? "


This verse was such a relief to me as I thought about the future. God is involved and He is aware of my situation. So, this verse tells me that whatever God has planned.... it cannot be frustrated by man. This is comforting, because sometimes we think our times are in someone's hand or the quality of our education or "timing" or "who you know." This is the hand and this is the plan.