Monday, October 20, 2008

Thompson Chain

I'm not sure what you think of the Thompson chain reference, but I like the way it prints the whole verse out in the concordance.

This morning I looked up the word complaining ( from Philipp 2:14).

God has made it clear that the murmuring in the desert from the children of Israel was displeasing to Him. Even Proverbs 15:16 says: " Better a little with the fear of the Lord that great wealth with turmoil."

Paul: Philippians 4:11 " I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."

I Timothy 6:8 " If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content."

I Corinthians 10:10 " And do not grumble, as some of them did-- and were killed by the destroying angel."

God has shown me through His word that I complain too much. This morning was incredible and I felt through just about every sense I have that the Lord is good and it's good to be alive. It's good to wake up hungry and be satisfied with Cascadian Farms cinnamon raisin granola. It's good to see the sun shining in its strength and get an audio visual of Revelation 1 where John describes Jesus in His glorified state. It's good to remember that our bodies will someday be redeemed and we will be like Jesus ( able to see Him as He is).

Why don't I think on these things more often ?