Friday, August 1, 2008

we forget

I read Mark 8 today about the feeding of the 4000. The same disciples who witnessed the feeding of the 5000, make this comment when the same scenario presents itself:

" Where will anyone be able to find enough bread here in this desolate place to satisfy these people ? "

Are you joking ? Did you not just see Jesus feed 5000 men a few chapters earlier. Even Jesus comments to the disciples: " Do you have a hardened heart ? "

It seems to me that a hardened heart is one thing that grieves Jesus. The text even says that Jesus " sighed deeply" when the Pharisees came to Him with their unbelieving attitude. It's possible for 2 people to witness an event and one completely misses the miracle in what happened.

What's the difference ? Why do some people see and others don't ?

So here's my question for you: have you forgotten past miracles in your life ? Are you facing "insurmountable odds " again ? What is your attitude like ? Are you like the disciples ?

" Where will we get bread for all these ? " or are you saying in your heart: " I know whom I have believed and I am confident that He will take care of me."

Don't forget in the dark what you learned in the light. Keep a journal, go back and read your old journals. Read the Psalms:

1. Psalm 140: 7 O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle.


2. Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the Lord , my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle ...