Thursday, January 17, 2008

believe

There's a phrase in Matthew 21:22 And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.

This is an incredible promise. If I really believe this verse and follow through then nothing would be impossible. How does a person get to this point where they can believe like Jesus is talking about ?

If I was pressed to the wall and asked : " what do you want most right now ?"

1. I long for a marriage that honors God and displays Christ to my kids
2. I long for the assurance that my children are truly saved.
3. I long for meaningful relationships that inspire me to grow spiritually.
4. I long for freedom from the "fear of man"
5. I long for the ability to think for myself ( instead of relying on the opinion of others)
* I mean # 5 in the sense of thinking Biblically ... allowing the Spirit of God to teach me and bring to a place where Prov 28 :1 is true of my life " The righteous are as bold as a lion..."