Sunday, May 20, 2007

stuff my kids said

I am trying to remember the things my kids said over the years:

2002 Josh at 4 years old ... I asked Josh what he wanted to be when he grew up and he misunderstood the question to mean: "why do you want to grow up? " and so he said: "so I can reach the chips..."

2006 Matthew ( age 6) made some comment that was actually funny, but he did not appreciate us laughing about it. When I tried to console him later about it he said: " I know funny and that's not funny."

2004 Josh 6 and Matthew 4 After hitting baseballs at Rose Park, we had a conversation with another dad and his teenage sons. The other father commented and reflected on how fast time was passing because he remembered the days when his kids were my kids' age. In the middle of this "Norman Rockwell" moment Josh goes: " I do NOT like baseball... my dad forces me to play... what I really like is computers."

2007 While watching the "special features" of some sci fi movie, they showed some vintage footage of King Kong movies from 1933 and some godzilla clips from the 1940's and 1950's. After seeing the crudeness of the filmmaking back then Josh said: "man, I'm glad I live in this century..." ( age 9)