Monday, May 7, 2007

Joy

Sunday May 6 I was privileged to baptize both of my sons. Karen and I have prayed for years that our children would come to know the Lord. About 8 months ago, I started conducting interviews with our kids and we would address all kinds of topics and also have Bible study. I remember asking Josh if he wanted to commit his life to the Lord. He said: " I'm not sure." I was actually relieved to hear him say that because it confirmed to me that he was not trying to please me with his answer. I admired the fact that he was genuinely seeking the Lord and not trying to please man. After months of conversations, he approached me and told me he was ready to give his life to Christ.
Matthew was ready earlier than Josh to make a commitment. I tried to stall and wait in order to test him and find out if he really wanted to follow Christ. How much can 6 year old really understand ? Jesus was the one who commended a childlike faith. God knows their hearts and I am thrilled to say that I believe my kids when they tell me they love Jesus.
Is it real ?
Well, let's wait and see if the fruit develops from the roots of their faith. But for now, we are celebrating.