Wednesday, November 12, 2008

morph

I spend time reading dictionaries that explain greek words and so every once in a while I come across things that I get excited about.

How do we change ? How do we really become "conformed to the image of His Son" ? ( Romans 8:29)

Here's the progression of thought that I saw this morning:

1. John 6 Jesus says " No one can come to Me unless the Father draws him."

so...How are we drawn to Him? ( I looked up the word "drawn" 'and it shows up again in John 12:32)

Jesus said: " and I, when I am lifted up from the earth will draw all men to Myself."

We are drawn to Jesus when He is lifted up from the earth. Now, connect John 6:40 and 2 Cor 3:18 .... both of these talk about " beholding Jesus."

POINT: When we " behold/see" Jesus, we are transformed.

How do we see Jesus ? John 3:3 "unless one is born again... he cannot see..."

We have to find ways to keep Jesus in view. We must say like the Psalmist: " I have set the Lord continually before me.... because He is at my right hand, I will never be shaken." Psalm 16:8


Suggestion: Instead of watching a movie this Saturday night... spend 1 hour meditating on John 6 and write down 20 observations. Go for a walk and ask the Lord to invade your life. Insist on being real in His presence and resolve to live with integrity within the walls of your house.