Wednesday, December 30, 2009

my response looks alot like Gideon's

When I read how Gideon responded to God in Judges 6, I thought: " this is how I feel sometimes."


God has given Isreal to Midianite oppression and they have lost their food, crops and morale. The angel of the Lord appears to Gideon and says: " The Lord is with you O valiant warrior." Gideon says: " If the Lord is with us, then why is all this happening to us ? Where are all the miracles that our fathers told us about ? "

I feel your pain Gideon.

God' s response comes a few verses later: " Surely I will be with you and you shall defeat Midian as one man." God's confidence in Himself never wavered. Can you imagine God doubting Himself or saying: " Well, Midian does have a good team this year...." ? No, He said: " I am with you... keep moving forward."