Friday, February 13, 2009

update

It's interesting when you stop to think about this question: " what is newsworthy ?"

When I read end of year reports, I usually see numbers and statistics, events participated in, and the like. What's to report ? I suppose I was really encouraged about a month ago when I came home from the store.

Back ground first: We have been in need of a major overhaul on landscaping, but we were waiting for the right time. We had a massive amount of rock in the yard that needed to be hauled off. Have you ever tried to do this with a shovel ? It's like trying to mow 10 lawns with a pair of scissors. So, I come home from the store and I notice my neighbor has a bobcat next to his house ( the kind of machine that moves much rock). So, I say, " Hi Joe" and he volunteers his bobcat to move our rock around. WOW ! I didn't even bring it up... he initiated it. So, the next day, he pushes most of our rock into 3 piles in the front yard and removes a rock wall we needed removed. This was worth quite a bit of dinero. So, I call another friend... he gives me the name of a man with a truck and he comes and removes the piles for a very fair price. So, our landscaping is at least removed for now and we are preparing for the next phase.

Moral of the story: Those who wait on the Lord, will get their strength renewed. We are thankful for how God uses people to participate in our lives.

Also: I made a commitment in June of 2006, to read God's word every day. As a result of that commitment, I feel like my life has changed dramatically. I realize that we all sort of have this goal as a good idea, but when we actually do it, there are rewards that cannot be typed out in a blog of this size. My prayer for you, o reader of the blog, is that you would see the value of reading / studying God's word every day. I have found that if this does not happen in the morning, it becomes next to impossible.


Also: I have witnessed first hand, the value of praying for my kids. I have seen changes in them that have helped me keep going. They certainly have a long way to go, but I am thankful for "setbacks" and "delays" that worked together for their good.


Also: I have found that if you are an irritable person, you will find much to irritate you. As I look around and observe the people who are easily angered I find myself saying: " Lord, don't let me be like that."