Monday, January 5, 2009

freed up

There are certain passages that should free us up from worry, anxiety and the like. One of those is Job 14:5

" Since his days are determined, the number of his months is with You, and his limits You have set so that he cannot pass."


Job really had a perspective on God's providence that few of us have. We still go into fits of rage and battle depression and worry when calamity comes. Job knew that God had appointed a certain number of days for us. I think this verse helps me hold on loosely. When riches increase... the Bible says... do not set your heart on them. Paul says: " I have learned how to do without..."

Honestly, how much of our time is spent worrying about money ? ( or planning how to make more) The message from Job to me is this: whether I have alot or little... whether I die today or 50 years from now, God is in control of my life. This is such a freeing concept to me. Who am I afraid of ? What am I afraid of ? Why would we grab and hoard ?


Psalm 65:9 ff You visit the earth and cause it to overflow; You greatly enrich it... You have crowned the year with Your goodness.

God is good.