Saturday, August 11, 2007

Another angle

I was reading an article on www.monergism.com and came across something I hadn't really thought about before. The author was asking the question: " Why was Jesus on earth for 33 years ? Couldn't he have just come in for the weekend,taken care of business and gone back to heaven ?"

He then turned my attention to Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses but one who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

I guess I had never meditated on that phrase: "in all things." Jesus was tempted throughout his life ...in all of its various stages and yet didn't sin. His demonstration of a righteous life satisfied God's wrath. He lived my life for me and presented that holy life to God...on my behalf.